We are the Global Off-Grid Lighting Association; an independent, not-for-profit industry association. We represent more than 100 members as the voice of the off-grid solar energy industry and promote the solutions they offer. We were founded in 2012, borne out of the IFC/World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
The off-grid lighting and appliances industry has experienced rapid market growth in the last years and provided millions of households living beyond the electrical grid with life transforming access to energy. Despite the industry’s efforts and success, a quarter of the world population is still lacking basic access to energy. The Global Off-Grid Lighting Association (GOGLA) acts as the industry advocate supporting the industry in growing and strengthening the market for clean, quality off-grid lighting and electrical systems. With its advocacy and communication work, GOGLA seeks to realize international recognition for the benefits of off-grid lighting and sector-wide industry support. To strengthen its role as the voice of the industry, GOGLA is seeking a Program Manager Quality and Consumer Protection, who will be responsible for coordinating GOGLA’s work on quality assurance, IP protection, technological innovation, social and environmental sustainability and safeguarding consumer rights.
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
Reporting to: Executive Director
Starting: As soon as possible
The Program Manager Quality and Consumer Protection will be responsible for:
- Manage and further develop GOGLA’s Sector Support Program on Quality and Consumer Protection, including (but not limited to):
- Developing GOGLA’s role on ensuring that the industry delivers quality products and services to end users
- Developing industry approaches to minimize and mitigate social and environmental risks
- Coordinating the GOGLA Working Group on Technology
- Coordinating the GOGLA Working Group on Sustainable Value Chains.
During the first three months of this job, the Program Manager will work with the Executive Director and other GOGLA team members to elaborate the above responsibilities into specific tasks and activities with clear KPI’s, as well as a personal work plan and targets.
Additional roles which will be expected from the Program Manager include:
- Contributing ‘content’ for GOGLA’s external communication.
- Representing and advocating GOGLA’s vision and mission at international events and conferences.
- Contributing to the successful development, marketing and communication of various GOGLA events.
- Contributing to GOGLA’s own fundraising activities.
- Continuously extend GOGLA’s stakeholder network and build lasting relationships.
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate:
- A high level of passion for GOGLA’s mission and objectives.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in a relevant area of renewable energy technology.
- Ability to communicate with authority, professionally and convincingly with counterparts at various levels of seniority, on topics relevant for the assignment.
- Excellent and proven networking, communication, and presentation skills in English; French and other languages are considered an asset.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and work creatively.
- Successful prior experience in fundraising an advantage
- Experience with working within an international environment.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and collaborations with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a small team and respond flexibly to a variety of challenges and requests.