Location: New Delhi or Nairobi
Reporting to: Policy Director
Starting: As soon as possible
The Program Manager Enabling Policy Environment will be part of the GOGLA policy team and will be responsible for:
- Coordinate and report on the implementation of existing GOGLA’s activities aimed at improving an enabling policy environment for the sector, as well as development of new activities, including (but not limited to):
- Leading market research activities to provide industry, policy makers, donors and investors with relevant market and impact data in close cooperation with GOGLA team members
- Knowledge sharing of best practices
- Development and conceptualization of ‘content’ and advocacy material
- Delivering dedicated advocacy to increase awareness and understanding among various categories of policy- and other stakeholders; this includes the implementation of GOGLA’s government outreach strategy
- Facilitate national level policy influencing and national sector organization
- Coordination of the GOGLA policy working group and activities falling under the working group’s remit; this includes the development of industry opinions as well as concepts for sector self-regulation
- Support coordination of various project as the lead of the GOGLA output team ‘enabling environment’
- Support the management team on development partner engagement
- Representation of GOGLA at international events and extending of GOGLA’s network as well as building lasting relationships
- Contribute to the association’s fundraising efforts.
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate:
- A high level of passion for GOGLA’s mission and objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressing responsibility with responsibility of project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong facilitator. Ability to facilitate meetings and collaborations with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent networking, communication, and presentation skills in English; French and other languages are considered an asset.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, and work creatively.
- Ability to communicate professionally and convincingly with counterparts at various levels of seniority.
- Experience with working within an international and dynamic environment
- Experience in international (development) space. Previous in the energy access sector is highly desired
- Ability to work in a small team and respond flexibly to a variety of challenges and requests.
Over one-quarter of the world’s population lives without access to electricity. Off-grid lighting addresses this challenge by providing light to those in need. The move to off-grid lighting is transforming lives and economies in developing countries around the world by increasing incomes, assisting educational development and improving health and safety.
The Global Off-Grid Lighting Association (GOGLA) is a neutral, independent, not-for-profit association created to promote lighting solutions that benefit society and businesses in developing and emerging markets. GOGLA acts as the industry advocate and supports the industry in growing and strengthening the market for clean, quality off-grid lighting and electrical systems. Its main objective is to support industry in scaling the sector based on principles of the triple bottom line, thus contributing to the objectives of Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Formed in 2012 as public-private initiative, GOGLA was conceived out of a joint World Bank/IFC Lighting Africa and private sector effort to accelerate market development for energy access. GOGLA’s unique position as an advocate for off-grid lighting outside the philanthropic area enables it to complement the work of partners and to continue where the World Bank / IFC Lighting Global program stops.
The association welcomes the participation of all stakeholders within the off-grid lighting sector.
For more information, please visit the website at www.gogla.org